On the last Sunday of the school year, three days before the start of the summer holidays in Baden-Württemberg, the second big concert of the year will take place. After the Easter holidays the preparations for this will begin. We are happy to bring new, contemporary music to the audience here, but also newly discovered music from past eras.
2019: Martín Palmeri – Misa a Buenos Aires (Misa Tango), Cathedral Church of St. Eberhard, Stuttgart
Photos: Dr Hans-Dieter Fritz and Wieland Konnerth
2018: Gioachino Rossini – Petite Messe solennelle, Cathedral Church of St. Eberhard, Stuttgart
Photos: Dr. Hans-Dieter Fritz and Wieland Konnerth
2017: J. Haydn’s “Missa Cellensis” (Great Mariazell Mass, Hob. XXII:5) in the Cathedral Church of St. Eberhard, Stuttgart
Photos: Wieland Konnerth
2016: Karl Jenkins – The Armed Man, Stiftskirche Stuttgart
Photos: Wieland Konnerth
These pictures were taken before and during the rehearsal. For dramaturgical reasons we refrained from taking pictures during the concert. The concert was recorded in sound and image with simple technical means. Please watch the videos of this concert, which was celebrated by the audience with standing ovations, on YouTube!
The composer Martin Palmeri travelled from Buenos Aires in July 2015 especially for the first Stuttgart performance of his “Magnificat”. Thanks to his uncomplicated manner, the concert could already be realized at this time. Thank you, dear Martin! You can find out more about this concert in our media library.
More recent summer concerts
- 2010: Johann Nepomuk Hummel “Te Deum D Major” and “Missa Solemnis C Major” and Ludwig van Beethoven Violin Romance in F Major op. 50
Cornelia Ragg (S), Margret Hauser (A), Juan Pablo Marin (T), Stephan Storck (B), members of the Staatsorchester Stuttgart
With these two shorter works we concluded the concert series, which included rarely performed music by the Stuttgart Hofkapellmeister, for the time being.
- 2009: W. A. Mozart Litaniae D Major KV 195 and J. N. Hummel Messe E flat Major op. 80
Elzbieta Towarnicka, soprano + Agnieszka Monasterska, alto + Rafal Bartminski, tenor + Jacek Ozimkowski, bass
Orkiestra Akademii Beethovenowskiej Krakow
This German-Polish cooperation was continued shortly afterwards with a concert tour of the Stuttgarter Oratorienchor to Cracow…Please watch the video of our city and culture tour in our media library!
The years before that:
- 2008: Johann Nepomuk Hummel – Concerto for Trumpet and Orchestra, E Major and The Passage through the Red Sea
- 2007: George Frideric Handel – Laudate Pueri HWV 237; Max Reger – Fantasy and Fugue on B-A-C-H op. 46; Ludwig van Beethoven – Mass in C major op. 86
- 2006: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – Te Deum KV 141; Sinfonia concertante E flat major KV 364; Joseph Haydn – Missa B flat major Hob. XXII: 14 (Harmony Mass)
- 2005: Joseph Haydn – Ave Regina Coelorum; Cello concerto D major; Missa solemnis B flat major Hob XXII: 13 (Creation Mass)
- 2004: Jopseph Haydn: Te Deum C major; Piano Concerto D major; Missa in Angustiis D minor Hob. XXII: 11 (Nelson Mass)
- 2003: Georg Friedrich Händel – Organ Concerto; Wofgang Amadeus Mozart – Exultate Jubilate KV 165; Joseph Haydn – Missa solemnis B flat major Hob XXII: 10 (Holy Mass)
- 2002: Joseph Haydn – Missa in tempore belli in C major Hob XXII: 9 (timpani mass); violin concerto in C major
- 2001: Joseph Haydn – Concerto for organ and orchestra in C major; Theresienmesse in B flat major Hob XXII: 12
- 2000: Carl Orff: Carmina Burana
- 1999: – ?
- 1998: Antonín Dvořák – Mass in D Major; Charles Marie Widor – Symphony No. 6 for organ op. 42
- 1997: Antonio Vivaldi – Magnificat; Arvo Pärt – Magnificat; John Rutter – Magnificat
- 1996: Joseph Haydn – Missa Cellensis Hob XXII: 5 (Cecilia Mass)